Wednesday 21 April 2010

"I will paint you in silver, I will wrap you in cold."




So today for the first time in a long time I listened to AFI's Sing the Sorrow. When I was a teenager I listened to this album obsessively and today I can still see why I loved it so much. I personally feel it is one of AFI's most beautifully written albums (actually, problaby the most beautifully written album I own). Currently I'm listening to the song Silver and Cold . My favourite lyrics in this song have to be:


"Light, like the flutter of wings,
feel your hollow voice rushing
into me as you're longing to sing.
So I,I will paint you in silver.
I will wrap you in cold.
I will lift up your voice as I sink."


I saw AFI perform at Newcastle when they were doing their December Underground tour. Unfortunately I did not get to see them this time round for Crash Love.


FYI: Sorry my posts have been so poor lately, I've been very busy with uni work. I promise to make time!


No comments: